As your elected officials and as Democratic Candidates, we have been working hard to demonstrate our commitment to Collegeville.
Our Current Mayor Aidsand “Ace” Wright-Riggins has been an amazing ambassador for Collegeville Borough, and has represented the borough as a visionary leader not only locally but within Ursinus College, the Perkiomen Valley School District, and throughout Montgomery County. His sage advice and unwavering moral compass is a valued asset to our borough.
Current Council Members
Current Council members Gary Hoffmann, Cathy Kernen and Marion McKinney:
- Hired a new highly skilled Borough Manager, Tamara Twardowski.
- Engage in long-term budget planning
- Actively seek community grants
- Reach out to our residents through issue-specific public meetings more than any other Council in the past
- Communicate monthly with residents on the actions of the Council meetings through our Borough e-Newsletter
- Revamped our Borough website
- Have improved the borough’s parks, including creating a new Creekside Park on the Perkiomen
- Actively support our Police
- Are taking action concerning the speeding problem on residential streets
- Are working to revitalize our Main Street and attract new businesses
Dean Miller, who is running for Council for the first time, supports all of the above initiatives of the current Council members. Dean, a 30-year Collegeville Main Street resident, is no stranger to the Council. He has been attending Council meetings since 2016 and has served as a member of the borough’s Planning Commission for the last 3 ½ years.
Dean is a software engineer and a lifelong learner who holds four college degrees. He is a “big picture” person who also is a hard worker and is fascinated by how the diversity of systems—such as transportation, power, and commerce—all work together to provide a beneficial quality of life to residents.