Valarie is a candidate for Borough Council in the Tuesday, November 7, 2023 General Election.
Valarie has lived in Collegeville for over 22 years with her husband Matt and their son. She graduated from West Chester University and received a Master of Education degree from Penn State University.
Valarie has been an elementary and special education teacher and worked as a job training coordinator for special needs high school students. She was honored as PA Vocational Special Education Teacher of the Year for her outstanding curriculum development and leadership skills.
Valarie has participated in many local community service opportunities including volunteering with the Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) and the Collegeville Rotary. For the last five years she has been a Collegeville Committee Person for the Democratic Party.
During her tenure as Collegeville councilperson, Valarie has served on the:
- Business Development Committee,
- Parks Committee,
- Public Safety and Streets Committee,
- Collegeville-Trappe Municipal Authority,
- Collegeville-Trappe Public Works Committee, and
- Perkiomen Valley Regional Planning Commission, of which she is the Treasurer.
Along with her colleagues, Valarie has worked to devise practical long-term plans to:
- upgrade the municipal infrastructure,
- strengthen the Borough’s relationship with Ursinus College,
- update the streetlights,
- implement traffic calming measures,
- craft and pass ordinances to encourage economic growth,
- help residents in Ida’s aftermath, as well as
- apply for and receive several large grants.
Continuing Focus and Goals
Valarie is interested in continuing to serve Collegeville by focusing on:
- developing the new Creekside Park,
- making further improvements to our existing parks,
- ensuring Collegeville residents continue to have clean, healthy water,
- sustaining the development of our Main Street, and providing opportunities for new and existing businesses, as well as working to receive additional grant funding.
Valarie’s goals for Collegeville are to foster a strong sense of community and to facilitate an improved quality of life for all residents. She values honesty, integrity, and building community relationships. She is committed to promoting economic development with fiscal responsibility and helping to ensure a successful future for Collegeville.