Kathy is a candidate for Borough Council in the Tuesday, November 7, 2023 General Election.
Kathy Costello served our country as a Sergeant in the United States Air Force. She was a Group Lead for Quest Diagnostics until 2013 when she retired.
Kathy has lived in the Borough for more than 28 years with her husband John. She and John are Committee People for Collegeville 2.
As a Collegeville councilperson, Kathy serves on several committees:
- Chair of Park Committee
- Business Development Committee
- Public Safety & Streets Committee
Organized Concerts in the Park in 2021, 2022 and 2023
Park and Playground improvements
- Fenced-in playground and replaced protective fencing around baseball field
- Improved playground drainage
- Park cleanups: recruited volunteers, organized and participated in cleanups of all three Collegeville Parks from 2020 – 2023
- Worked with Tower Health, our manager and council to pass a resolution to prohibit smoking in Collegeville Community Park
- ADA accessible swing installed in playground 2022
- Received a grant to have the basketball court repaved and made ADA Accessible in 2022. This work was completed in 2023.
- Remodeled backstop installed to prevent damage to neighborhood cars and homes. (Paid for by Ursinus Maintenance Dept. / Steve Gehringer)
- Scout Cabin painted and roof repairs (Paid for & work completed by Ursinus Maintenance Dept., Steve Gehringer) 2020
- Gaga Pit – Eagle Scout Project was completed in 2021
- Worked with Borough Manager, coaches and residents to revise baseball field rules and fee schedule
- Remodeled backstop installed to prevent damage to neighborhood cars and homes. (Paid for by Ursinus Maintenance Dept., Steve Gehringer)
- Working closely with the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy to obtain grants for new trees to be planted and arrange for cleanup of dead Ash Trees
- Exploring the possibility of the Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy holding Summer Camps in our Collegeville Parks
- Improvements to water crossing in Hunsberger Woods in 2022
- Organized two bird watching tours by “The Valley Forge Audubon Society” in 2022
Hurricane Ida Flood Damage
- After 2020 & 2021 floods, assisted affected residents by contacting Borough, County and State government agencies to advocate for the residents
- Recruited volunteers, organized and participated in many cleanups
- Worked closely with Montgomery County Contractors to schedule debris pickups over many months
- Accompanied Appraisers to help locate properties
- Participating in the Re-imagine Project with Ursinus students, faculty and Collegeville residents to explore innovative ways to improve sustainability and reduce the environmental impact of the Collegeville Community