On May 17, 2022 we will elect the committed Democrats who will help us win our local, regional and state elections. The #MONTCOBLUE team is ready to do the work to elect Democrats up and down the ballot.
Andrea Baptiste – For MCDC Chair
- Andrea Baptiste, a lifelong Montgomery County resident, earned a BA in History from Marietta College, an associates degree in Paralegal Studies, and holds a Series 7 Financial Securities License.
- With over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate and retail, she has gained valuable skills of understanding and anticipating peoples’ needs, forecasting and balancing budgets, assessing and developing fundraising efforts.
- Andrea won a seat as the only Democrat on the Collegeville Borough Council in 2007. She used her knowledge and leadership to chair the Borough’s Business Liaison Committee, chair the Parks and Recreation Committee and staff the Finance Committee.
- She is a member of the Montgomery County PA State Committee delegation, and she serves as the Board President of the Montgomery County Democratic Women’s Leadership Initiative and as the Municipal Chair for Collegeville Democrats in Area 4.
Tom Kohler – For MCDC Executive Vice Chair
- Tom Kohler, was born, raised and continues to live in Upper Merion Township. Tom was a committee person for 14 years and became an Area Leader in 2010. A successful campaign manager, he was also instrumental in making the Upper Merion Area Democratic Committee (UMADC) into the Democratic power house it is today.
- In 2013, he was honored by MCDC as a Democratic Rising Star. In 2014, he was elected to serve as a member of the Pennsylvania State Democratic Committee. He has served as co-chair of the MCDC Golf Outing Committee since 2015 and has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for MontCo Democrats.
- Tom works as District Director for State Representative Tim Briggs and also works as a freelance television producer and announcer for the Upper Merion Area School District.
Rachel Hendricks – For MCDC First Vice Chair
- Rachel Hendricks grew up in Montgomery County. She has a Bachelor of Science in GeoEnvironmental Science at Shippensburg University. In 2021 she continued her education at Villanova University in their master of public administration program.
- Rachel currently works as a Permitting Manager in the telecom industry and has spent most of her professional career in various environmental compliance roles.
- Rachel’s first political experience was phone banking for Obama in 2008. She volunteered for the Shapiro / Arkoosh slate and joining the Montgomery County Young Democrats. Since then Rachel has run for State House, served as an Area Leader for Area 15, and has managed multiple campaigns at local and state levels.
- Rachel is a 2017 Emerge PA graduate. That same year she was also awarded the MCDC Rising Star Award. She was elected to the PA Democratic State Committee in 2018 and through that role serves on the State Executive Committee. She is also currently a Board Member on the Montgomery County Democratic Women’s Leadership Initiative.
Gary Hoffmann – For MCDC Treasurer
- Garry Hoffmann, a first generation American, was born and raised in Pottstown Pa, attended Ursinus College and continues to make his home in Collegeville. He graduated with a degree in Economics/Business Administration and a minor in Political Science.
- Gary has spent his professional career mastering several roles in the financial sector.
- Throughout Gary’s career he has believed that one should listen first, investigate the facts of a situation, then proceed with well planned decisions. Integrity, honesty, and accountability are integral to his personal ethos.
- As a current elected official in the Borough of Collegeville, Gary chairs the finance committee, where he balanced the borough budget. Gary was appointed to his seat in 2018 and was elected to the position in the next municipal election.
Pam Brown Margolis – For MCDC Corresponding Secretary
- Pam Brown Margolis has lived in Perkiomen Township since 2005.
- Pam teaches at Centro de Cultura Arte Trabajo y Educacion (CCATE), a cultural center in Norristown for families of Spanish speaking origins. She is currently pursuing a doctorate of education at West Chester University.
- With passions in education and civic engagement; Pam is often called upon to speak about diversity, equity, and inclusion in education and children’s literature, ensuring that children of color and the LGBTQ+ population are properly represented.
- Pam is committed to ensuring African Americans and other people of color are not disenfranchised at the polls.
- Pam was appointed to the Perkiomen Township Parks and Recreation Committee, and as Judge of Elections. Pam serves on the MCDC Diversity Committee. In 2021 she was elected to the Perkiomen Township Board of Supervisors.
Ellen Brookstein – For MCDC Recording Secretary
- Ellen Brookstein has lived in Upper Dublin Township since 1995. She became involved with the Upper Dublin Democratic Committee (UDDC) in 2000 during the Bush/Dole campaign.
- Shortly after volunteering, Ellen became a committee person, a position she continues to hold today. From 2014 to 2017, she served as a member of the PA State Democratic Committee. In June 2018, she was elected Co-Chair of the UDDC.
- Ellen’s other Democratic activities include serving on the Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Democratic Women’s Leadership Initiative. Ellen had the honor of serving on the Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County and currently serves on the Board of Directors of CeaseFirePA.